What is DIKO?
DIKO is an automation tool: it command many other software to get the best result in this conversion. DIKO is targetted to deliver the best quality possible, allowing you to put many hours of video in one DVD-R.
You can use as source:
- AVI Files: AVI is actually a container (like a box with audio and video in different formats) . Inside it, there's video encoded in DivX, XVid or other less known format. Audio can be MP3, AC3, PCM or other less known formats. Please note that AVI is not format, AVI is a container.
- D2V files: these a project files created using a freeware developed by a third party, DVD2AVI. This project files are created from DVD ripped files, and this way it's possible to reencode DVD files in DIKO.
- DirectShowFilter-only files: It's the case of RMVB, ASF, OGM and other formats. This feature is only supported in DIKO Gold. It's also possible to open AVI files using this feature if you don't have the proper codec.
- DVD Files: DIKO allow processing directly DVDs, provided that you rip then to your HD. This can be easily done with any Free ripper, and we recommend DVD Fab Decrypter.
DIKO allows you to get up to two hous in 1 SVCD or 10 hours in 1 DVD with good quality, depending on the content, thanks to the compression of BVCD techniques. DIKO is freeware, and everything it needs is also freeware and bundled in the install package. To allow more time to be dedicated to the development of DIKO, a commercial version has been created, called DIKO Gold. DIKO Gold has a few extra advanced features for those who want to support development.
What are DIKO features?
-Video Encoding via One Pass VBR Size prediction fully integrated, using CinemaCraft Encoder 2.66 or 2.67, ou using 1 or 2 Pass VBR throught FreeEnc (bundled in DIKO installation package).
- Does automatically all bitrate calculation needed.
- Convert audio to 48000 Hz automatically if needed.
- Do automatically framerate conversions from 23.976 to 25 fps and 25 fps to 23.976, including audio and subtitles. This feature also works with 5.1 audio.
- Automatic DVD authoring with user-created menu via linux ported DVDAuthor or leave video audio and subs ready to be imported to other authoring packages.
- Automatic DVD image creating via MKISOFS and burning in a DVD+R / DVD-R / DVD+RW / DVD-RW blank disc via DVDDecrypter if dvdauthor authoring is selected.
- Creates switchable subtitles from commom srt and sub files used in AVI files.
- Join subtitles for originally 2-CD DivX / XVid movies on the fly.
- Stops if Q Factor is too low (over 40), avoiding bad quality encodes.
- Automatically checks and fixes AC3 errors via AC3FIX
- Enables pulldown flag via Pulldown.exe automatically.
- It can fully work in background.
- Do AC3 audio encoding via SoftEncode or MP2 audio encoding via BeSweet
- Full avisynth script support, comes with latest Dialhot script V4 for DivX.
- Takes care of the annoying Softencode dying bug.
- DVD support via D2V projects and Full DVD support with DVD Decrypter ripping in DIKO Gold.
- Crash Recovery
What are DIKO Gold additional features?
- complete DVD support with automatic rip via DVDDecrypter and D2V creation. Just put the disc, click on Rip, choose the audio and subtitle track, and that's it.
- Support for non-standard AVI framerates
- Customization AVI subtitles via interface.
- Automatic Support for interlaced DVD Sources.
- Support for interlaced AVI sources
- Crash Recovery Customizer
- support for sub/idx subtitles in D2V mode.
- Batch Processing
- DirectShow Sources supported (RMVB,WMV,OGM, and so on)
Guys, this is one of the BEST progz for simple 1-click AVI to (K)VCD conversion. I highly recommend it!